1. Don’t worry about making new friends. There will be so many people and opportunities!!
2. There’s nothing wrong with feeling anxious and afraid. Everyone is new and will be feeling scared like you!
3. Don’t try to change yourself or act as if you’re someone different. You’re fine the way you are – so just be genuine and real.
4. It’s normal to feel lonely and to miss the life you had. It’s part of taking risks, and being brave, and moving on.
5. You’ll wonder if you’ll fit, or find a place in this new world. But that will start to change, and soon this new place will feel good.
6. Don’t only socialise, and go to everything you can. Make some space for being alone, and time for quiet solitude.
7. At the same time, make sure you force yourself to move outside your comfort zone, and try new things with others, and see what you enjoy.