1. Listen to what you want to do, not what others want you to do.
2. Listen to who you want to be, not who others want you to be.
3. Stop hiding your true thoughts and feelings; start being true to who you really are.
4. Stop criticizing and putting yourself down; start appreciating and loving who you are.
5. Stop saying yes when you’d much rather say no.
6. Start dreaming more, and trying different things.
7. Forget about the past and enjoy what’s happening now.
8. Appreciate the good things and the beauty, and life’s joys.
1. Self hatred and self blame
2. Not being able to let go of the past.
3. Not being able to forgive yourself.
4. Not being able to cherish who you are.
5. Needing other to validate you.
6. Letting other people define who you are.
7. Trying to be perfect, and to please everyone.
Saying ‘yes’ to happiness means learning to say ‘no’ to things that stress you out.
1. Remind yourself that you are not who other people think or say you are.
2. Remind yourself that everybody makes mistakes at times, has areas of weakness, and things they want to change.
3. Remind yourself of ways in which you’ve grown and changed with time. You’re not who you once were – so celebrate how far you’ve come.
4. Also, the ending isn’t written and the future isn’t fixed. You’re free to change your image, and an old identity.
5. Identify the lies you have believed about yourself – and work on changing those so they’re accurate and true. Also, don’t reinforce those lies by acting like you think they’re true.
6. Remember that your feelings are not the same as facts. Don’t live based on your feelings as that will keep you trapped.
7. Hang out with those who see, and who appreciate, your worth. And take their words to heart, and let them help to build you up.
You deserve to be happy. You deserve to live a life you are excited about. Don’t let others make you forget that.
A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it.
1. Don’t keep doing things you hate.
2. Stop terrorizing yourself with your negative thoughts.
3. Choose to enjoy the simple pleasures of life.
4. Watch what you say; don’t put yourself or others down.
5. Take care of and love your body.
. Develop a life-style that helps develop self-esteem.
7. Don’t compare yourself with others; note where you have grown and changed.
8. Stop trying to change others; keep the focus on yourself.
9. Laugh a lot; enjoy yourself; and don’t take life too seriously.
10. Accept compliments, and value everything you are.
I’m choosing happiness over suffering. I know I am. I’m making a space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.
Don’t ever feel bad for making a decision that upsets other people. You are not responsible for their happiness. You are responsible for your happiness.