1. Self hatred and self blame
2. Not being able to let go of the past.
3. Not being able to forgive yourself.
4. Not being able to cherish who you are.
5. Needing other to validate you.
6. Letting other people define who you are.
7. Trying to be perfect, and to please everyone.
The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours. It is an amazing journey, and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.
1. When you feel bogged down and you can’t clear your mind, do something physical or get some exercise.
2. Set a time limit for your ‘thinking time’ then make yourself move on to doing something else.
3. Interrupt the thinking process or distract yourself by diverting your attention onto something different.
4. Stop discussing what concerns you with everyone you meet as you’ll just end up confused, and you won’t know what to do.
5. Accept that uncertainty is part of this life, and we don’t have all the facts, or know what’s down the road.
6. Throw yourself into a project, a hobby or some work. That will force you to refocus on something else instead.
7. Let your mind go blank and just relax for a while. It will help you see more clearly when you start to think, next time.
Loyalty isn’t grey. It’s black and white. You’re either loyal completely, or not loyal at all. And people have to understand this. You can’t be loyal only when it serves you.
It’s time to distance yourself from the people who let you down, the inconsistent ones.
Being brave doesn’t mean you aren’t scared. Being brave means you are scared, really scared, badly scared, and you do the right thing anyway.
Trust yourself. You have survived a lot. And you will survive whatever is coming.
You are good enough, smart enough, beautiful enough, strong enough. Believe it, and never let insecurity run your life.