1. Cut out everything that’s unimportant and seek to focus on what matters in your life.
2. Make sure you include frequent breaks in your schedule as we’re more productive when we work in shorter blocks.
3. Get rid of all distractions when you sit down to work – so close down tumblr, twitter, email and facebook. Also, work somewhere quiet where you won’t be found as interruptions can break your concentration.
4. No matter what you do, it’s essential that you seek to keep on developing your creativity. When we feel inspired, working doesn’t take much effort as we’re in the flow and feeling good about ourselves.
5. Try and make the most of those pockets of time that are often wasted when we’re hanging around (for example, as we’re using public transport or we’re waiting for a friend).
6. Don’t let other people distract you from your course. At the end of the day, it is your life not theirs. You need to be committed and true to yourself.
Sometimes I have to remind myself that I don’t have to do what everyone else is doing.
Solitude isn’t loneliness. Solitude is when the entire serene universe seems to surround and hold you quietly.
The greatest prison that people live in is the fear of what other people think.
The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.
Moving on doesn’t mean forgetting. It means you choose happiness over hurt.
The secret of attraction is to love yourself. Attractive people judge neither themselves nor others. They are open to gestures of love. They think about love, and express their love in every action.
Make sure you don’t start seeing yourself through the eyes of those who don’t value you. Know your worth, even if they don’t.
1. Remind yourself that you are not who other people think or say you are.
2. Remind yourself that everybody makes mistakes at times, has areas of weakness, and things they want to change.
3. Remind yourself of ways in which you’ve grown and changed with time. You’re not who you once were – so celebrate how far you’ve come.
4. Also, the ending isn’t written and the future isn’t fixed. You’re free to change your image, and an old identity.
5. Identify the lies you have believed about yourself – and work on changing them so they’re more accurate and true. Also, don’t reinforce those lies by acting like you think they’re true.
6. Remember that your feelings are not the same as facts. Don’t live based on your feelings … as that will keep you trapped.
7. Hang out with those who see, and who appreciate, your worth. And take their words to heart, and let them help to build you up.
In life, it’s important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.