1. Forgive yourself. You aren’t perfect. No one is. Recognise that beating yourself up will only make things worse. Instead, forgive yourself, and then decide to just move on.
2. Focus on motivation. Without motivation, you can’t do anything. It’s much more powerful than self-discipline. So when things get tough, remind yourself of why life will be better if you reach your goal.
3. Make it easy. Discipline is tough so remove some obstacles. For example, if you’re having a hard time exercising, make it super easy by just doing 5 minutes to start with. If you can make that change for 30 days in a row, you’ll have developed a new habit.
4. Focus on enjoyment. It’s hard to push yourself — and to have self-discipline — when you hate doing something, or you see it as a drag. So do whatever you can to create a sense of fun. For example, if you don’t like exercise, find some good music, or a workout partner, and focus on that part of the activity.
5. Repeat. You’ll almost inevitably slip up from time to time, no matter how good, and committed, you are. Just get up, get going, and keeping marching straight ahead.
Source: http://zenhabits.net/6-small-things-you-can-do-when-you-lack-discipline/ (Adapted)
You are going to want to give up. Don’t.
Never giving up is how you win.
Don’t carry your mistakes around with you. Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones to rise above them.
I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy; I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.
1. Pay attention to what bugs you – it could be telling you something important about yourself.
2. Don’t just live with blah or negative feelings. Decide that you will fight to have a happier life.
3. Don’t change or stifle your personality. You’re valuable and special – so be true to who you are.
4. Pay attention to your physical symptoms. They may be highlighting unresolved frustrations, pain that needs addressing, or deep unhappiness.
5. Notice where your mind goes when it starts to wander. This often gives you insights into wishes, hopes and dreams.
6. Be willing to acknowledge and face your fears as they’re stopping you from going for the life you want to have.
7. Instead of feeling jealous or envious of others ask yourself what is missing from your own life right now.
You are stronger than the things that make you feel weak.
She quietly expected great things to happen to her, and no doubt that’s one of the reasons why they did.
Tonight go to sleep as though your whole past has been dropped. Die to the past. And in the morning wake up as a new man in a new morning.
Stop putting limits on your life. You are worth everything.