1. White: This indicates a desire for simplicity, perfection and purity.
2. Red: This person is usually outgoing and lives life to the full. They are optimistic, hate monotony, and are driven and ambitious. They may also be impulsive or aggressive.
3. Maroon: This is often the favourite colour of someone who has had to cope with hard experiences in life. They are mature, generous and well-disciplined.
4. Pink: This indicates a desire for love, affection and security. It is a fragile, gentle and delicate colour that is linked to feelings of protection and care.
5. Orange: This is the colour of the flamboyant, fun-loving, sociable person. They are usually good-natured, popular, curious, fearless and dramatic. However, they may be fickle and restless, too.
6. Yellow: This color is associated with happiness, wisdom, a desire for novelty, a sense of adventure and a rich imagination. It is usually linked to a good sense of humour and a rational mind.
7. Green: Green symbolizes balance, hope, sincerity and peace. Green people are generally concerned about the wellbeing of others, are patient, modest, self-effacing – but can sometimes be exploited and used by others.
8. Blue: Blue is associated with compassionate, caring, patience, perseverance, conscientiousness, self control and a sense of duty. These individuals are dedicated and reliable people – but also worry about how things will go.
9. Turquoise: These are more complex characters. They are creative and imaginative, and drive themselves hard to achieve their goals. Although they appear to be calm and controlled, inside they may feel tormented or perplexed.
10. Lavender: These people are usually impeccably dressed, are refined with a sense of class and culture. They have high ideals, are creative, charming, witty, classy and sophisticated. Typically, they are committed to causes that are noble and great.
11. Purple: Purple people are usually artistic, highly individual, unique and sensitive. They are independent thinkers, who are unconventional, and are likely to achieve positions of power.
12. Brown: Browns are known for their stamina and patience, for being conscientious, dependable and stable. They are rarely impulsive – but can be inflexible.
13. Grey: This is associated with caution, compromise, stability, hard work and good business sense. Greys are usually introverted and suppress how they feel.
14. Black: Blacks are dignified, mysterious, have hidden depths – and reveal very little of themselves, their beliefs, their hopes, desires and personality.