1. Get up early
2. Develop an attitude of gratitude
3. Invest in what matters
4. Have fun
5. Do something for others
6. Get out in the sun
7. Exercise – at least a little
8. Try something new
9. Don’t be afraid to take chances
10. Look for the humor in life.
Don’t be afraid of being different. Be afraid of being the same as everyone else.
She loves deeply, regardless of the love she gets in return, and it is both her greatest strength and her biggest weakness.
Know this: you can start over each new morning.
1. Find out the kind of depression they are suffering from. Symptoms of clinical depression include sleep difficulties, loss of appetite, a desire to isolate themselves, feelings of hopelessness and helplessness, suicidal tendencies and an inability to determine the cause of their depression. Those with situational depression may have some of the same symptoms but they generally know why they feel as they do, and once the issue is resolved, they are able to function normally again.
2. Be available to listen, or just be there for them. Sometimes you don’t need to say a word. Don’t offer opinions or advice; don’t judge them; be patient and understanding; be empathic, gentle and compassionate.
3. Take them out of their environment as a change of scenery can help to change our mood. It doesn’t have to be wildly exciting – just a walk by the river or a coffee at the mall is often enough to shift things a bit.
4. Don’t comment on their lifestyle (habits and patterns). Comments like “You ought to try and sleep more … or change your diet … or exercise more … are likely to shut the person down. These are often beyond the person’s control.
5. Encourage your friend to seek professional help. A friend or family member can be a real lifeline; but objective support from a professional counsellor can help them deal with the cause in a more effective way.
You cannot change what you refuse to confront.
Life is amazing. And then it’s awful. And then it’s amazing again. And in between the amazing and the awful its ordinary and mundane and routine. Breathe in the amazing; hold on through the awful; and relax and exhale during the ordinary. That’s just living heartbreaking, soul healing, amazing, ordinary, awful life. And it’s breathtakingly beautiful.
Saying yes to happiness means learning to say no to the people and things that stress you out.
Real love doesn’t meet you at your best. It meets you in your mess.
Fall for someone who makes you love yourself a bit more.