Sometimes you just have to be brave. You have to be strong. Sometimes you just can’t give in to weak thoughts. You have to beat down those devils that get inside your head and try to make you panic. You struggle along, putting one foot a little bit ahead of the other.
Never have I dealt with anything as difficult as my own soul.
Sometimes the worst place you can be is inside your own head.
1. Remind yourself that feel scared is very normal! Peace and bravery exist alongside fear. So don’t be afraid of your feelings of fear.
2. Make the decision to act despite your feelings. Don’t allow them to control you, or to hold you back in life.
3. Accept your limitations; they are areas of growth. You’ll get there step by step. So be patient while you change.
4. Set aside the opinions and the judgments of others. Go after what you want, and who you want to be in life.
5. Learn everything you can about a scary situation. That will help you to prepare, and develop skills you’ll need.
6. Remind yourself of the all times you’ve stepped out in the past, and have taken a real risk – and that paid off in the end. Allow that to inspire you, and to reinforce your courage.
7. It’s ok to ask for support and help from others. We all need a boost and encouragement at times.
1. Simplify – your time, your stuff, your social life.
. Live in the moment.
3. Practice gratitude.
4. Take control of the thoughts that pull you back into the past.
5. Stop the anxious thoughts about “what if" and “what next”.
. Practice getting comfortable with saying no.
7. Don’t worry about others, and what they think of you.
8. Do your best, then relax. Try to enjoy the day.
One day you’ll look back and realize you worried too much about things that didn’t matter.
Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success. Always be on the lookout for ways to turn a problem into an opportunity for success. Always be on the lookout for ways to nurture your dream.
1. Other peoples’ expectations of you. At the end of the day, it’s your life not their life – so just be yourself and set,and go for, your own goals.
2. What other people say and do. It’s not up to us to control other people, or to change how they act, or to make their decisions.
3. Expecting perfection. It’s unrealistic to aim for perfection. You’ll just be disappointed and discouraged all the time.
4. Getting it wrong. We all make mistakes in our journey through this life. That’s simply part of learning, and being normal and human.
6. Fitting in. Although social skills matter, and it’s good to think of others, you need to be yourself – a special, unique individual.
7. Being right. This is highly over-rated and can cause a lot of stress. If you’re confident and real you don’t need to prove you’re right!
8. Life being out of control. At the end of the day, there’s not much we can control – except our own reactions and our attitudes to problems. So change what you can – and then relax and enjoy life.
Courage doesn’t mean you don’t get afraid. It means you don’t let that fear stop you.